This page was provided to us in Dutch. Whenever possible, we have translated the information into English.
The spatial domain is in full swing. The Environment Act is making its appearance, energy transition has become a social task and sustainability is high on the agenda. These developments have far-reaching consequences for our society.
Together with 194 other countries, the Netherlands has agreed to halve its CO2 emissions in 2030 compared to 1990. How the Netherlands will achieve these targets is described in the Climate Agreement.
As a Sustainable Development trainee, you will carry out projects within the spatial domain. Here, you will work on various projects in the field of sustainable mobility, energy transition, climate adaptation, the Environment Act, VTH and participation & chain partners. Your work includes developing, advising and/or implementing policy on these challenging and innovative issues. In this way, you will contribute to achieving the objectives of the Climate Agreement.
Working and learning in the real world
As soon as your Sustainable Development traineeship starts, you will immediately start working on a project within the spatial domain. The development path is as follows:
- Training in Sustainable Development via the Bestuursacademie Nederland (incl. recognised certificate)
- E-learning programmes; How the municipality works, AWB and Environmental Law
- Access to the Online Academy with over 350 training courses (incl. certificates)
- Personal development programme with a coach who will guide you throughout your traineeship
- Cool assignments with our clients such as municipalities, provinces, water boards and consultancies
- Xstate days and company visits
Click on the infographics below to learn more about candidates' perceptions! (in Dutch)
Sustainable development training programme
Click on the picture below for more info on the traineeship in sustainable development! (in Dutch)